New Canadian Noir & a French Exchange

I just made the deadline to submit a story to The Exile Book of New Canadian Noir. Wish me luck as this anthology, edited by Claude Lalumiere and David Nickle is sure to attract a lot of submissions.

My other news is that I have started editing my latest novel, Hot Old Ladies Club. I hope to have a good draft, ready for beta readers by August. It will be real a challenge as this month I am entertaining my son's exchange partner until July 24.

I don't often talk about my family in this blog out of an almost superstitious fear that something bad will happen to my son if I mention him on the Internet. He's fourteen now so it's time to relax a bit. Heck, I'm letting him go to France and live with another family for a month. This is no time to be a helicopter mom.

The topic of exchanges is so interesting to me, both through personal experience and as a parent and educator, that I'm thinking of writing some non-fiction on the topic. More about that in a later post.

Happy reading.

Maaja

Labels: , , , , , , ,