Drama, Poetry, Short Stories

When the leaves change colours, I feel like going for walks to hear the crunch underfoot and wind up being inspired by all that natural beauty. Fall is the perfect time to spend evenings and early mornings curled up with a coffee to read or to write.

I'm having a busy season. This Sunday my very short one-act play "Dust on White Water," will get a staged reading at Toronto's Alumnae Theatre. It was written as part of a writing challenge. Playwrights received the theme (running water) last Friday and had until noon that Sunday to turn in a one-act play of ten minutes or less. The reading is open to the public and will take place from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm Sunday October 21. For directions or more info on the Alumnae theatre, see their website.

I also have my fingers crossed for a longer one-act play I submitted to the Alumnae Theatre's juried New Ideas Festival. If accepted, a producer and director would get it ready for presentation in March.

I'm editing at least one short story for a contest due Nov. 1, perhaps two if things go well. I'm also waiting to hear back about a poem of mine which made the short list in a contest I am not yet allowed to mention online.

Happy Reading.