Spring Reading -- BTT

Booking Through Thursday:

Do your reading habits change in the Spring? Do you read gardening books? Even if you don’t have a garden? More light fiction than during the Winter? Less? Travel books? Light paperbacks you can stick in a knapsack?
Or do you pretty much read the same kinds of things in the Spring as you do the rest of the year?


My summer reading is usually literature. Spring differs every year. After a good winter, I hardly notice the difference in my reading habits -- just in my clothing.

This winter was rough, however, so spring has made my spirits much better. I've been reading everything, many books at a time. My current reading is Guns, Germs and Steel, a popular anthropology book about the evolution of humans and the rises and clashes of different civilizations. It's great stuff if you have that extra springtime endurance for a heavy read.

This time last year I was reading travel books in preparation for a five week tour of France with my son. This year there is no personal tour but I am supervising a week-long grade 7 & 8 school trip to Ottawa and Montreal. I'm mulling over what to read on the five hour bus commute. It will have to be engaging but also light enough that I can be interrupted and not completely lose my train of thought. I plan to bring a Walrus magazine and a book of short stories about the French Southwest called:
Je Vous Ecris du Pays Basque. I want to read something in French so I arrive in 'La Belle Province," in the right frame of mind.

Happy Reading.