I stole this fabulous idea from Ebony's reading blog.
Read 'Em and Eat Party
- Invite several friends over for a potluck party. Each person brings 3-5 books to give away.
- Inside each book, guests write their name, number and a brief review of the book.
- Each person picks several books to take home.
- After the party, guests read their new books and call the original owners and tell them what they thought of the books.
- Meet again in a few months and do it all again.
- Donate any left overs to a nursing home or domestic violence shelter.
Click on her link for more great ideas for a successful book swap party.