Booking Through Thursday

The reverse of last week’s question:
Imagine that everything is going just swimmingly. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and all’s right with the world. You’re practically bouncing from health and have money in your pocket. The kids are playing and laughing, the puppy is chewing in the cutest possible manner on an officially-sanctioned chew toy, and in between moments of laughter for pure joy, you pick up a book to read . . .

When life is good I read the dystopias, the serious non-fiction, the serious literature. My idea of a good beach read has been nominated for a Booker or a Giller etc. I also have a shelf of books on writing with titles like: Origins of Story, The Art and Craft of Poetry, 13 Ways of Looking at the Novel and Negotiating With the Dead (By Margaret Atwood). These books come out when life is so good that I have time to read and time to write as well. Sigh. September and back-to-school is not one of those times. I did, however, make the deadline for the Alumnae Theatre's New Ideas Festival for 2008. It doesn't mean my script will be chosen, but I can always hope.

Labels: